Yay! I finally finished Lorelle’s WordPress Treasure Hunt. And one day ahead of schedule, as set by my 2007 blogging goal deadlines. Oh, I had a few slip-ups, but for the most part I worked on them during my lunchhour at work, doing about 3 per day.
So, what did I learn?
- Sometimes it pays to procrastinate. A few of the treasures I found were written after Lorelle initially posted her challenge in last October.
- Is it plug-ins or plugins? Initally I went for the former, but have now decided on the latter. Not just because that’s what Lorelle uses, it’s also easier to type. 😉
- I’m not afraid to use emoticons. I’m not really looking for credibility anyway. Yet. 😀
- I’m not a multi-tasker. (Ok, I knew this before the challenge, but I thought I’d add it here.) While doing the challenge, I let some of my other blogging habits go to pieces. I didn’t check my feedreader (not even for Lorelle!), and I certainly didn’t blog consistently (which was 2007 goal #2).
- I found more than one site to help me create my first WordPress theme (goal #4). Yay!
- There are some really cool blogs out there, where I can learn a thing or two. And some of them are by women. Go Girl Power!
- I found some plugins that look interesting & useful. I’ll be trying them at some point.
I plan to go back over the list from time to time, sort of like this entry (I’m so glad I made the Treasure Hunt a page & not just a post), and will go into more specifics of what I learned, what I liked, what I’m trying, and what’s working (or not working) for me. I may even be adding a few new Best Sites links.