Well, it’s a good thing I wrote the bulk of this post during the week and saved it. I just got home from work (busy, long day) and I realized I ought to post this. So, here are…
13 things about me that those who know me might not know
- I lived in only one house (until I went away to school). In other words, the house my parents lived in when I was born was the same house they were living in when my mother died 36 years later.
- I have a Master’s degree in audiology. What? Yeah, yeah.
- My first car was a blue Pontiac LeMans (the decent mid-size one, not the tin can it now is) with white interior.
- My friends in graduate school called my car “The Tank.”
- Since I didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up, I became a Navy officer.
- I could have gone into the Navy’s Medical Service Corp as an audiologist. The school was only a few weekslong and I would have been commissioned a LTJG (Lieutenant Junior Grade, O-2). However, I wanted to see if I could actually make it through 4 whole months of Officer Candidate School (OCS), and was commissioned as an Ensign (O-1). I did make it, but just barely. 🙂
- I lived in Italy for 2 years. It was a hard adjustment, but now I’m grateful for the experience. I have fond memories, the food was fabulous, and the wine was cheap & plentiful.
- I have a second cousin who rode in and actually finished the Tour de France. (His name is Andy Bishop, and I’ve never met him, but I knew who he was before I knew I was related to him.)
- I love ballroom dancing but refuse to watch Dancing with the Stars. It’s too flamboyant it’s not and the music (the couple times I’ve surfed over it) usually sucks.
- My best features are my eyes (large & very blue), my hands (until I scarred one with the chards of a broken shower door), and my legs (until I aged & got the little veiny thing).
- I have no intention of getting plastic surgery. I’ve decided that age is character and character IS beauty.
- I’m the world’s biggest procrastinator. I still have pictures to hang in my home… and I’ve lived there for nearly 20 years!
- All my pets have come from the animal shelter or a rescue league. And they’ve all been spade or neutered.
Well, that’s it for this week. Since it’s danged near 8 p.m., I think I better go eat some dinner.