Thirteen things I need to do to get my home ready to sell
- Declutter the kitchen, getting rid of old pots and pans, cleaning out the pantry, organizing my “plasticware” so that it doesn’t fall out every time I open the cupboard door. This was supposed to be done in January 2008, but the schedule has been delayed about one month. (I broke my foot.)
- Clean off the dining room table, sort through the bookcase, hutch and surrounding areas.
- Declutter the master bedroom. (This does not include the master closet, which is so massive, it received its own number on the list.
- Declutter the “den” (put in quotes because it’s actually the second bedroom). It’s the room I use for my computer and filing. Besides picking up and sorting through the room, I have a ton of papers I need to file (mostly medical info and investment reports, both of which I seem to get once or twice a week).
- The “guest” bedroom. Right now it’s a storage room, full of kitty hiding spots. It’s horrid!
- The entry and hallway. Again, not including the entry closet as it has its own number. But I might be able to swing it in here, depending on the progress I make.
- Declutter the living room. This includes getting rid of at least one of the two televisions. And organizing those pesky DVDs and (*gasp*) video tapes.
- Organize the master bath. This shouldn’t be too hard, mostly throwing out the old cosmetics and stuff.
- Declutter the guest bath. Again, this shouldn’t be too hard. Maybe I can do both of them in just one month.
- Clean out the master closet. See, it has its own number. And it needs it!
- Clean out the entry closet. But now that I think about it, I should be able to clean it out when I clean up the entry way.
- Clean out the linen closet. I want to pare down to just two or three sets of sheets and towels.
- Clean out the closet in the “den.” This has lots of old photos, old clothes, and probably several other things I’ve forgotten. Oh, and it’ll probably include a few items from cleaning up the den room (see #4).
Once I finish sorting through the house (I have a few more places to go), I hope to do the decorating and remodeling.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!