Since I’ve changed my theme (again!), I decided to explain why I keep changing it so often.
Seven Things I Look for in a WordPress.com Theme
A subtitle, or tag line. Otherwise, how are you going to understand the title of my blog? Or my sense of humor?? Check!
- Fixed width. I have a 22″ monitor, and studies show that narrower is better for reading. So there. Check!
- A custom header. So I can load one of my stream photos. Although today’s header is the one that comes with this theme (titled “Twenty Ten”) Check!
- Black on white text. Again, supposedly it’s easier on the eyes. Check!
- Text that isn’t too small or too light for my middle-aged eyes. Check!
- A a neat, somewhat compact sidebar. Check!
- Sans serif type. It’s easier to read online. Oops! Actually, it doesn’t look too bad, so I guess it’ll stay around for awhile. Maybe.